Wednesday, June 18, 2014

2014 Fashion for Life: Journey

Arrested

Journey is a city sim, a modern city without plantlife or softness. It reminds me strongly of images of London I've seen from the 1800s, all tall roofs with grates and narrow windows, with old cars abandoned here and there and the odd bent crate or pile of crates adding texture. I particularly love the textures of the streets and walls - all hard stone and crisp shadows interspersed with the odd blast of color in a window or painted onto a car. Most interestingly, the way through to the other end of the sim was actually through two of the stores, with a small courtyard in between where the gacha for that sim were; an incredibly novel, if somewhat confusing, design. I also quite liked the number of faux doors and stairwells, giving it the effect of a much more populated area even while giving the individual store sufficient room for all of their Fashion for Life offerings.

Between the Curtains

This is my most sim-congruent look; hair, outfit, and shoes all come from Journey, which I think makes it rather fun. The hair which I've been showing off for quite some time is from EMO-tions, this time a lovely windblown style. Their store on Journey is quite lovely as well, with enormous, spinning gears in the floor; I found myself quite entranced by them. I've had a great deal of fun playing with EMO-tions' hair over the past week, and this windswept hair is particularly fine, with narrow strands going wildly. It also includes a mirror style, which would be useful for setting a scene. My gown is one that I have completely loved for ages in other colors, but this black and white confection completely floored me. Likka House (also on Journey) has always made wonderful, unique, interesting gowns, and this Carousel stands firmly amongst my favorite surreal outfits, a category I wish more dress makers aspired to. The corset, skirt, and ponies are all separate pieces and the latter two are not rigged, so they can be adjusted for shorter avatars; I ended up using the resize script included to make them smaller as well, but I'm quite tiny for Second Life. It came with stockings, but since I was indulging in shoes made for SLink feet I substituted a different set of stockings; DressME Designs also has clothing available, but I quite liked these purple shoes with their velvety texture and simple design. I love the puff-nosed pump and the narrow but not spiked heel, and they add a spot of color that was also found on Journey. The other spot of color comes in my nails, once more a fantastic offering from ZoZ, this time crackled color and silver combined; in this look, ZoZ is the odd thing out, since you can find these fantastic nails on Promenade instead.

Leaping Downstairs

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: EMO-tions, Windblown (Fashion for Life - Journey)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Silent Star
Wings: Cila, Cloud Wings White (Group Lucky Board)
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: ZoZ, Urban Silver (Fashion for Life - Promenade)
Clothing: Likka House, Carousel (Fashion for Life - Journey)
Shoes: DressME Designs, Anna (Fashion for Life - Journey)

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: Fashion for Life: Journey
Light Settings: Places Betham
Water Settings: Phototools, Ship Light

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment