Tuesday, June 17, 2014

2014 Fashion for Life: Voyage

Askance

I really have no idea ,beyond the odd hint of wind power, what type of travel is being highlighted in Voyage. It's a lovely sim, though, all gabled roofs and long buildings reaching high into mountainous skies. The buildings are all very old-world - half-timbered buildings with stone infill and bells which sound regularly according to the hours. The bits of ivy surrounding the doors are a particularly nice touch, as are the stone paths here and there between the main path and the little cottage stores. It has all the charm of a country village which never adapted to anything harder-edges than a hoof.

A Light Foot on Hills

I'm rocking the miniskirts this week, the latest example being findable on Voyage from Mon Cheri. It's a three part dress - the dress part, belt, and sleeves are all separate, and the belt can be recolored via a HUD. I selected a lovely salmon shade to show off, which then meant I doomed myself to struggling for accessories. The pattern and shape is fun and light, and I really like all of the ripples. It has some issues with movement when your legs are at angles, though if you're lucky it can look like a breeze catching the fabric up, and when animated it blends into the general movements pretty well. I love the line along the bodice and the tops of the sleeves as well - it looks smooth and of a piece despite being two different pieces altogether.

My headdress from Zibska was also found on Voyage in the gacha area, and I was lucky enough to land one of the rares - which includes a full texture HUD. It means I can tint it any way I wish, which for a colorphile like myself is a blessing. I paired it with two offerings from Bliensen + MaiTai, available on Wander, which really work with my bohemian charm. The jewelry is a fantastic set of swirls and also come with a color changing HUD with a wide variety of stone and metal options. The inner and outer stones can also be tinted separately, offering up a lot of opportunities for mixing and matching. The shoes are also from Bliensen + MaiTai and are truly lovely - a simple style with a jeweled brooch on the toe. They come in sets of colors - which I think is a charming idea - and this particular shade is the orangest of the pinks. You've seen the hair and nails before, but I couldn't resist using them again. The hair is from EMO-tions on Journey, and my fantastic nails are from ZoZ from Promenade. This is one of my looks I've managed to saturate with offerings from Fashion for Life, which really makes these pictures a lot of fun.

Dappled and Smug

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: EMO-tions, Violet (Fashion for Life - Journey)
Headdress: Zibska, Ibis Headdress (Fashion for Life - Gacha)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir Lipcolor
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: ZoZ, Love (Fashion for Life - Promenade)
Jewelry: Bliensen + MaiTai, Layla (Fashion for Life - Wander)
Clothing: Mon Cheri, Sachi Flare Dress (Fashion for Life - Voyage)
Shoes: Bliensen + MaiTai, Bolero (Fashion for Life - Wander)

Pose: Exposeur

Location: Fashion for Life: Voyage
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI Cranched
Water Settings: Phototools, Ship Light

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment