Friday, June 6, 2014

Fit for a Princess: Incarnadine in the Wild

Stray Strand

I adore new locations for pictures, and Heart Song, created by Harlow Hesop and open to the public on a temporary basis, fits the bill beautifully. I particularly liked the textures she chose, which had a watercolor-ish bent and could be lit beautifully in a variety of windlights. It's built like a northern American or European forest, all dark green leaves, soft dirt paths, and a myriad of tiny lakes all within walking distance of each other. I used to live in Michigan and Upstate New York for a while, and I was powerfully reminded of my long walks in the forest there, stealing by private lakes with their own little docks out onto the water. The surround, not a flat image but rather a three dimensional layering of trees and mountains, is particularly gorgeous, and conceals the fact one is in the middle of the ocean beautifully. I took pictures in only a tiny fraction of the sim, but be assured I'll be back until she closes it to be her own private oasis.

I'm wearing more of the gorgeous releases at Fit for a Princess, though perhaps given the poses from Lalochezia that are based on the Duchess of Cambridge, Fit for a Duchess would be more appropriate. They are subtle, reserved poses which suit her style well and work best with a very sleek silhouette. I really liked the additional "seated" pose, especially since it worked seamlessly with an in situ chair on the sim.

Poise and Perfection

My gown is from a new-to-me store called Greymoon, and I fell in love with the texturing, especially on the blouse where it becomes a lovely swirl of leaves and flowers. Like the setting, the texturing on the dress is watercoloresque, with rich darks and soft edges. It comes with fitmesh options for each size, but I found they didn't work as well with my shape as the basic gown itself. For my hair I wanted something soft and romantic, and Calico's over the shoulder curls were simply perfect. I have always loved how Calico did the more romantic, fantastical styles and this one doesn't disappoint - it also layers well over mesh, and moves well with my head. I'm really looking forward to dressing it up with jewels and bits and bobs, as it seems perfectly set up or those sorts of accoutrements. And finally, for nails and jewelry I went with Frogstar, who I've covered before. The pearls set is from a gacha, which means there is a certain amount of piecing it together and trading with friends; if you need to resize it, her profile says that you can request a copy/mod version by sending the item and an IM. I really enjoyed the casual but stylish edge to the necklace and bracelet - they are not the perfect, smooth pearls one might initially think, but instead are twined and tumbled around each other in narrow strands of color. The rares are the original, with a variety of shades as the commons, which means you can style up your outfit without too much difficulty. The nails are also from Frogstar, and they are shiny, opalescent, and subtle. I thought they were the perfect manicure for a Duchess on the go.

Two Roads Diverge in a Greenish Wood

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Calico, Estelle (Fit for a Princess)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Jewelry: Frogstar, Modern Princess Pearls (Fit for a Princess)
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: Frogstar, Pearlescent Princess (Fit for a Princess)
Clothing: Greymoon, Portiere Dress (Fit for a Princess)
Shoes: Deviance, Milady's Slipper

Poses: Lalochezia (Fit for a Princess)

Location: Heart Song
Light Settings: Phototools, Build 5
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment