Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday Meme: Avatar Corpse!

Sudden Death

Edie has another challenge for us, this time trading love for death (not quite opposites, but I think an avatar birth would look a lot like gray, clouds, and screaming). I chose less a picture of my corpse, and more a picture of the moment before my actual Second Life death at Bryn Oh's The Singularity of Kumiko. It's easy to forget that even in Second Life there is a Death of Worlds; sims can be set to damage-ok, and sufficient damage to your avatar will send you home, the closest to a reset we have in this world. In this case, Mr. Zippers would glow red and dangerous, and attack until you died - poor Mr. Zippers; he meant so well, and he caused such inadvertent, inverted pain. I was attacked mid-picture taking, and by the time this image was saved, I was home and safe - ready to head back and try to hide from Mr. Zippers more while I vainly snaped shots in the dark.

1. What would you eat for your last meal? If I could have anything, I would want a meal at a Five Star Restaurant - my preference would be the Inn at Little Washington. I've eaten there a few times, at great cost, and the food really is a level above anything anywhere else. My preference would be to include all of my close friends, all teleported in for the event.

2. Where do dead avatars go? I sometimes wonder fi there is an in-between world where they do things when we're not looking, like the dolls that have whole lives while we're out of the room. I'd imagine they go there.

3. Have you ever been to a cemetery in SL? If so, which one(s)? I've been to a few, but I can't name them off the top of my head - outside of the tiny family cemetery on Falln Sanctuary, which has since closed.

4. What would you like them to do at your avatar wake? The same as at my living wake - drink a lot, tell stories about me, and celebrate my life.

5. What would you like it to say on your avatar tombstone? "Press Any Key"

6. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Both? Neither? I think the worst is that moment after you inadvertently fell out of touch with people and you're not sure how to pick it up again because you think they might be mad at you, but how can you make up for silence?

7. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My friends back East.

8. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? We do things we don't like because we think we should; sometimes we're right. I think we like things we don't do because actually doing them is harder than wishing they had been done.

9. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? You are perfectly valuable simply because you exist.

10. What color is your underwear? Red. Sadly, some invisilayers mean some photographic angles show the transparency.

Falling Into Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment