Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Visits from the Depths of the Inventory

Perched

I've been trying to sort through my inventory a bit more, and I hit my "petite" folder, which hasn't seen much light in the last year or so. I do still adore the avatar, though, despite being unable to give her my face. I took my pictures at Imagine, the RP Shopping sim associated with de la Soul's store which has a simply lovely setup. On aspect I always love about the petite shape is using it in contrast to much smaller locations - setting myself up on fountains, on desks, even on signs. It's the size contrast which really amuses me - in Second Life things tend to be so over-sized, so being undersized is simply a ton of fun. My default avatar is Fallen Gods, a pretty elven petite with pale skin and shiny purple Wasabi Pills hair. I try as much as possible to mimic my larger size in smaller, and in this age of rigged mesh hair, Wasabi Pills makes the best possible petite hair and Fallen Gods has a lovely, solid, simple skin tone for his petites which simply make me gleeful. Like my larger form, my eyes are always de la Soul in shiny rainbow tones and they fit perfectly in my head.

Lights on the Tile

My outfit I picked up during a lovely sale by Evie's Closet, which thoroughly packed up my inventory with shiny clothes for petites - though I will admit that my all-times-petite alt got the bulk of my purchases. This one is flexi mesh, which works beautifully on a small scale since there is so much less volume than a full sized gown that it falls so smoothly to the bottom in every pose. It comes with the flower crown and beautiful fluffy sleeves, which make me so terribly happy. I added to it some of the incredible petite jewelry by Elemental that I have in my pocket - chunky and large with undeniable style. It's a combination of crescent and full moons, with gold balls as stars. In the past, I've had my old faithful Fancy Fairy wings,  but for this new petite Deoridhe I simply had to add in my favorite wings from Deviance and they worked beautifully. I left them much larger, to keep the contrast between the tiny body and enormous wings, and part of me now sort of wants to see the same contrast on my full sized avatar - it's so much more realistic. I had such fun revisiting my petite history; I'm definitely going to be trying to do this more often as I sort through my voluminous inventory.

Reclining Fountain

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Body: Fallen Gods, Petites Pale
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Monique
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes
Jewelry: Elemental, Petite Moonglow
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Dress: Evie's Closes, Tuala

Poses: Long Awkward Pose

Location: Imagine
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Precision Blue
Water Settings: Blackwater

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment