Saturday, July 5, 2014

SL11B: Despite all my Gauge, I'm still just a Fae in a Cage

Sands and Steel

I love cage dresses. I have a bunch of them, but they are much rarer to find across the grid since mesh hit - largely because by they're very definition they cannot easily be rigged. The cage part of this The Library dress isn't rigged, which means it continues to make interesting shapes around my thighs and calves no matter how I'm posed, and I fell in love the second I saw it. The bodysuit is rigged; I'm wearing the small, which was smaller in the bust and larger in the rear end than my normal shape. The bum shape in particular is very fine - high enough to seem sexy and be striking, but not so high that it looks like things should be hanging out. I love the rivets up the front and holding the skirt to the waist, and I completely adore the narrow wire of the cage skirt. The entire outfit has a really industrial feel, so I tried to soften and make it more fey using curvy, curly, clothy accessories. First the french hood - which is a release from Aisling I picked up a while ago and dates back to the Tudor era in style. It's built more like a crown or a headband, without the usual veil, and it has a lovely trim of pearls which drapes over your hair and leaves a single bead on the forehead. It reminds me of Florence for some reason (maybe the pearls?), and it was a headdress style which traveled across the European Continent and all the way to England as well, thanks to Anne Boleyn. Blessedly, this gorgeous hood comes with a color changing HUD, which means I will probably indulge in wearing it many more times in the future since I can match it up to so much of my inventory.

Fine Work

The Wasabi Pills hair I paired the hood with was a simple style with a part in front, but wasn't the usual completely pulled back style of the Sixteenth Century. I love it's simple, curved back style which lets me show off one of my earrings, from Bliensen + MaiTai, and highlights the matching necklace. Wasabi Pills has been adding in lovely wisps of hair which make the styles feel much more natural - less like something fresh from a stylist and more like a person pushing their hair back and heading out into the world. I fell in love with the Bliensen + MaiTai spirals, and the metal width is reminiscent of the cage skirt I'm wearing which also bringing in a curved edge. I love how the swirls fade together and change direction, and the curve of a circle through my earlobe. The swirl is echoed in my other hardware, also from Aisling but this time in a more fantasy mesh shape, and echoed again in these amazing shoes from Lassitude & Ennui. Clearly, this is pure evidence that they love me, because in addition to all of the usual lovely shades of shoe, Lassitude & Ennui made Rainbow Shoes. Rainbow. Shoes. Nevermind that they are also swirly, and curly, and lovely, and have delicate heels which make it clear anyone who is anyone would have wings. I don't even have words for how much I want these shoes on my feet forever; it's as if someone wonderful went into my brain, took out a dream, and then handed it to me - what bliss!

Wings and Wire

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Ellie
Hat: Aisling, Godelieve
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Damned, Rainbow
Lipstick: Mock, Brown Sugar
Wings: Una, Steampunk Wing
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Ying & Yang
Jewelry: Bliensen + MaiTai, Voluta
Bracers: Aisling, Lady of Highgarden
Clothing: The Library, Iron Maiden
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Fey Sandals

Pose: Ploom


Location: DJ Stage on Impressive
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment