Saturday, October 18, 2014

Genre: Sacred

Image Description: Shot of the back of someone in a suit with an ankle length skirt and heavy boots standing on a bridge.

I've never been accused of being particularly androgynous; if anything, I tend sharply toward the femme end of the spectrum, being a fan of skirts, frills, ribbons, and shiny jewels. That's part of what makes Genre so fun, though - offering up opportunities to go against the grain stylishly. One thing I particularly liked about what I've seen so far is that contrary to the tendency for "androgynous" to be most often translated to menswear for women, Genre offers up several types of womenswear for men, and some truly lovely clothing that meets in the middle - like this long skirted suit by A:S:S. It's available with and without boobs, and somehow manages to meld together feminine and masculine in both pieces - the narrow simplicity of the suit top complements slighter builds while the length of the skirt is reminiscent of robes worn as much by men as women, especially historically. I'm not normally a suit wearer, but this one tickles my fancy much more than I would have otherwise expected. I echoed the narrow tie in the earrings from claMberry, which feature silver findings (gold is also available) and long, thin ties. They're quite fun as an accessory, especially with an androgynous theme.

Image Description: Torso shot of a boyish woman in a suit with pale skin and hair on half her head.

I wanted relative simplicity for the rest of my look, and so focused immediately on this neutral, extremely pale skin from Even Tide. It's delicately shaded, and would work as well on a man's shape as a woman's; the body shading is delicate and lets the mesh shape do much of the work. It also comes with a selection of tattoo layers for different effects and shadows, but I wore it plain and it is lovely without a single addition. It doesn't come with appliers for any of the body add-ons, but I was able to match the skintone using SLink's basic utility. Even with the more feminine touch of my Mock lipstick, the effect is much more boyish than my usual. I wanted a similarly boyish hairstyle, and so went with The Stringer Mausoleum's wilted mohawk in a startling shade of white called, happily, "Unicorn." I love the jagged edges of it, and how it drapes beautifully over the temple. There are a bunch of other colors, but I found a certain glee in going white on white under the darkness of my severe suit. Speaking of severe, by far my clompiest accessory is these amazing boots from C L A Vv, in shiny patent leather. I adore the weight of them, and the angled shine. My poses are all suited for men or women, and are from Mien. They're fairly straightforward overall, with arms set wide enough to not cut into the body whether boob bedecked or otherwise!

Image Description: Close-up of a pair of boots under a long skirt walking towards a bonsai tree.

And finally, Schadenfreude not only released a treat bucket, but she released four - one of them as a special gift for members of the Silent Sparrow group and at the tail end of a lot of up and down stairs, because that store is a three dimensional labyrinth. If you aren't one of the lucky members, you can get a free brown and orange one at Schadenfreude's store as well, and if you're a member of that august group there's also a group-only bucket hidden somewhere around the elephant, but I love my red and blue carnival bucket so dearly! I also have it on good authority that katat0nik has a similarly individualized and fun bucket in melon shades for her group members, which means one can match trick or treat buckets with almost any look.

Image Description: Boyish woman in a suit with a long skirt walking down a path from a gazebo.


( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Even Tide, Taylor Skin (Genre)
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: The Stringer Mausoleum, Together Apart (Genre)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Earrings: claMberry, Tie (Genre)
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick 1: Mock, Opal Lipcolor
Lipstick 2: Mock, Russian Red Lip Jelle
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Superglitter
Bucket: Schadenfreude, Treat Bucket (Silent Sparrow Group Gift)
Clothing: A:S:S, Mason Suit (Genre)
Shoes: C L A Vv, Platform Boots (Genre)

Pose: Mien (Genre)

Location: Sacred
Light Settings: TOR, NIGHT Anwar
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment