Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Rose Red

Woodcutter

Caroline Stahl wrote a fairy tale called The Ungrateful Dwarf in 1818, a story about sisters who were unalike yet alike and whose kindness led them to help an Ungrateful Dwarf whose death left them wealthy (a passing bear did them the favor of killing the Dwarf, their hands remaining clean). The retelling by the Grim Brothers, renamed Snow White and Rose Red, transformed the bear from passing, helpful wildlife to a prospective suitor with a convenient brother. What I always liked about it was the idea that simply by being kind one could succeed. We live in a world now where, media-wise at least, the world is a dark and cruel place where even the kindest will be undermined and twisted into something unrecognizable in the name of ethics and morals. I want to live in a world where kindness and generosity is rewarded; I am unsure if I do.

In the Thicket

Creation.jp is open again until the fifteenth of January with a number of free gifts, like my hairbow from G Field, and some exclusive items, like my outfit from G Field. There are several other freebies and some awesome clothes, so I really recommend you give it a look! My shoes, on the other hand, are an old release from Adore & Abhor that I finally found the right mix of cute and casual to pair with! They're plaform sneaks with a tight ankle line and a long tongue - perfect for that mix of bouncy and athletic inspired by my G Field sweater dress with the heart shaped pockets. I'm glad I didn't resist getting dragged over to Creation.jp before it closed down on the fifteenth, and I encourage you to go by as well!

Horses in Snow

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Asset, Kalantra Hair
Ribbon: G Field, Ribbon Headband (Free Gift - creation.jp)
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Creme Metallic
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Hanau, FabFree Christmas SLink Fingernails
Clothes: G Field, Knit Tunic (creation.jp)
Socks: Cannibelle, Angel Wing Tights
Shoes: Adore & Abhor, Platform Sneaks

Pose: !bang

Location: The Pines at Jacobs Pond
Light Settings: Phototools, Thalia Light 02
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment