Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fantasy Faire: Aurora Up Close

Arising from Icy Death

Once again, I find myself in contrast with my surroundings! This time, spring is come to winter; this gorgeous dress from DressMe Designs (Fantasy Faire Location) - complete with three dimensional butterflies - is a Fantasy Faire Exclusive item. It is a lovely conceit - a simple gown with a butterfly-shaped top and really, glowing butterflies landing on large, semi-artistic flowers. I especially love how it pushes the edge of what's possible; the butterflies are perched on the fabric as if they were separate. They are full-bright ad the dress is no-modify, which means that lighting for pictures needs to be chosen with care. The back is wonderful - realistic bands across the back which support the front, and a plunging back which hangs out a little from the flesh of my back. The fabric itself uses materials to add a bit of luster to the butterfly patterns in the dress; I've really been enjoying seeing how clothing makers have used materials in a variety of ways, and this one is particularly subtle. The formality of the gown really called for a crown, and this delicate mesh surrounding the face from
Attitude is an Artform (Fantasy Faire location) was particularly nice. I tucked it into my Calico updo, and the spikes both frame my cheeks beautifully, and peeks up through the curves of the hair in a wonderful way. There are a lot of meshwork metal accessories on the grid, and I look forward to pairing this with others as time goes on! It comes with a HUD that texture changes it between twelve different colors, and on top of that it's modifiable, which means you can get close to the color you want, then finish it with some tinting as I did here, to get a darker gold. Another wonderful touch is that each side can be texture changed independently, so if you have a two-tone look it can be modified to match! Incredibly versatile.

Looking for the Sun

The dark gold came from the jewelry set I'm wearing, a jewelry set from Alegria (Fantasy Faire Location). The earrings are actually a series of hoops fit for a human ear; I angled them slightly so that the smaller rings vanished behind my much larger ears! The heavy bangles are one of the best sets I've seen on the grid - floating over the skin in a wonderful manner and covering nearly the entire forearm. The collar, in a similar color but different design, looks like a beaten metal base and fits well around my neck. All of the pieces are size-changeable via a blue menu, one of the scripts which allows for resizing along a single axis as well as multiple. It's available both in the gold I'm showing here, and in silver, and there are gorgeous matching boots that you sadly can't see under the froth of my spring gown. I layered on top of the beaten metal collar a fun necklace from Empyrean Forge (Fantasy Faire Location) on a thin cord with a few feathers hanging down from it. I love the symbol wrought in mesh, and the addition of subtle beads along the strand of leather; when I saw this, I simply couldn't resist!

A Persephone unluckily released to the surface in winter, it was simply too fun to return to Aurora to take these shots along the various icebergs! Certainly, this is a year of high contrasts.

Long Alleyways

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Calico, Aiyana
Crown: Attitude is an Artform, Fathom Faceplace (Aurora)
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Jewelry: Alegria, Dragonborn (Aurora)
Necklace: Empyrean Forge, Pikorua Necklace (Aurora)
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands and Feet: SLink, Hands and Feet
Outfit: DressMe Designs, Butterflies of spring (Aurora)

Pose: Grafica


Location: Aurora
Light Settings: Phototools, Jessica Light 1
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment