Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Fantasy Faire: Tangleshimmer Grove Up Close

Shimmer Sweet

I had a lot of fun building a set from what Tanglewood has available - all of it sweet and brightly colored. I built the set out of things from two different stores, Eccentric Ephemeria (Fantasy Faire Location), which offered up brightly colored columns with yellow flowers, and Petite Plunder and Immortal Inspirations (Fantasy Faire Location), which made pretty much everything else - and astonishingly sized both for standard avatars and small ones! I pulled out my petite alt, Deoridhe, to show off some of the available poses in the set. The furniture has bunches of seats, and you can also bathe in the little bowl in the bottom of the trellis - which is an adorable addition! The entire Petite Plunder and Immortal Inspirations is modify-ok, which really came in handy when I resized and lowered one of the end tables to make a coffee table large enough to mirror the full sized furniture in miniature. The cookies are part of the end table, but since it is modify-ok, you can hide them underneath the top to clear some space or offer up some different options.

This is why I love mod-ok; I was able to augment an already impressive seating area with my own addition! Included are, as you can see, a flower bedecked bird house, a matching flower planter, an end table, a lounge, and a deck chair all in both sizes. The trellis only comes large, but as it has seating for tiny avatars, that makes a certain amount of sense! The bluebells up front are also from Petite Plunder and Immortal Inspirations, but rather than be available for purchase, it's one of the prizes for the Lost Land Hunt which is currently going on across the Fairelands. Framing the Petite Plunder and Immortal Inspirations set is the gorgeous flower planters from Eccentric Ephemeria which offer up rich colors. I only wish I had a full set,s o I could make walls of flowery rainbows all over the place! I love the textures on these in particular; the color remains powerful without losing the shadows and edges of the column and urn themselves.

Petite Perfection

Petite Deoridhe is entirely bedecked in an old outfit from Bare Rose, but full sized Deoridhe is almost completely transformed by Tangleshimmer Grove. I was really tickled by how the furniture fit the aesthetic of Tangleshimmer perfectly, but my final look was much more evil queen than shiny, happy, shimmery Deo! I finally decided I must have taken a wrong turn, only to get lost in a world of light and rainbows! Poor evil queen; she's so distressed!

The look started from the top down with these fun antlers from :{Oak & Elm}: (Fantasy Faire Location), available in a couple colors; I'm showing off the rich purple here. I love how easily they tucked into my Analog Dog (Fantasy Faire Location) hair. The updo parts are solid mesh with the braids sticking out stiffly and loose flexi curls hanging down almost to my waist. The style is such fun, and the included hairbase smooths the connection between skin and prim. Speaking of skins - I'm rocking a rich green from LURE (Fantasy Faire Location). This is one of five skintones available at the faire; each comes with three brow options, two body types, and a ton of appliers - TheMeshProject, Azz, Baby Bump, Belleza, Brazilia, Lena, Loud Mouth, Maitreya, Omega, Slink, Tango, and Wowmeh. It didn't come with an applier for my .:Soul:. ears, but I was able to tint one of the fantasy shades to match - and I think I did rather well, if I don't say so myself! The skin has some nicely subtle shading and really looks lovely - you can even check out a bit of my decolletage below!

Stressful Sparkles

My outfit is awesome darkness that worked together surprisingly well! My wings are a fun recolorable set from That Chick (Fantasy Faire Location). These are available for full sized and petite avatars, and can be color changeable via a truly impressive HUD. There are three textures available, twenty-five colors for the wing sections, and twenty-four orb textures - from the rather simple red shown here to a couple full on rainbows! They are also resizable, though I found the default size to be perfect. The low-hanging necklace I'm wearing is also from That Chick; no color change this time, but a fantastic heavy weight and I really love the textures. The bulk of my look is made up of this single gown from The Muses (Fantasy Faire Location) which manages to combine sexy and formal. The length, both of the skirt and the sleeves, offer up a rich heaviness - especially with the addition of the large patterns and sparkle fade. The low cut of the front is a fantastic framing device, though, and makes the That Chick necklace really stand out! I wanted to finish with an almost martial edge and the collar from [CONQUEST] (Fantasy Faire Location) is simply perfect. It's modify-ok, so I was able to size it down to fit my neck and frame my face, and I think it takes a style which could almost be too revealing and amps up the severe edge. I was playing with a lot of contrasts overall, and I think the result is unusual and striking.

Which Way Is Out?

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: LURE, Desire (Tangleshimmer Grove)
Hair: Analog Dog, Petula (Tangleshimmer Grove)
Horns: :{Oak & Elm}:, Velvet rose horns (Tangleshimmer Grove)
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Collar: [CONQUEST], Gladiator's Painted Neckplate (Tangleshimmer Grove)
Necklace: ThatChick, Baroque Necklace (Tangleshimmer Grove)
Wings: ThatChick, SwirlDrop Wings (Tangleshimmer Grove)
Hands and Feet: SLink, Hands and Feet
Outfit: The Muses, Orchid (Tangleshimmer Grove)

Set:
Lawn Set (Regular and Petite):
Petite Plunder and Immortals Inspirations, Floral Fantasy Set (Tangleshimmer Grove)
Set of Three Columns:
Eccentric Ephemera, Easter Egg Urns with Yellow Roses (Tangleshimmer Grove)
Flowers:
Petite Plunder and Immortals Inspirations, Bluebells and Butterflies (Hunt Prize)

Pose:
1) Petite Lounge Pose
2) Petite Desk Chair Pose
Flowey,
3) Hold Still
4) Whiskey Monday: Allow me to Retort
5) but you won't forget me

Location: Sekrit Rezzing Location
Light Settings: Phototools, Absinthe Light

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, combining layers

No comments:

Post a Comment