Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Squee: Fantasy Faire

The Sunday Squee is when I can talk about things that make me happy and excited. The main focus will be on different things people created, from books to movies to television shows to podcasts, and my effort will be to highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me so I can enjoy what you love!

Looking Up to Heaven

I love the Fantasy Faire. In many ways, it is the heart of what I love about Second Life - one of the few places where individuals of all descriptions come together for a single cause to create something beautiful together. People do outrageous amounts of work - building sims, building exclusive items, organizing sponsorship, wrangling entertainers - all for a shockingly swift ten days of the Fairlands being open. There's always a hunt - a story of creation or redemption, of saving others and coming together - and this year looks to be no different.

Every year I shoot to do more, to experience more, to try to help more. Every year I don't manage as much as I wish I could, but I always come back because there is a light in the heart of Fantasy Faire that I love and want to be a part of more than I can possibly say. I look forward to adding 2015 to my list of past events, and looking back on it fondly in years to come.

From Light to Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment