Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday Squee: Less Than or Equal

The Sunday Squee is when I can talk about things that make me happy and excited. The main focus will be on different things people created, from books to movies to television shows to podcasts, and my effort will be to highlight less commonly known things as a way to share what I love. If you want to join in the Sunday Squee, please link back to me so I can enjoy what you love!

Haven't Yet Lost My Head

I don't remember how I first heard about the Less Than Or Equal podcast, but I was hooked right away. Hosted by Aleen Simms, it is explicitly focused on increasing diversity in tech and geek communities. It began on June of 2014 and the first interview was with a figure I've mentioned before in my Isometric Sunday Squee, Brianna Wu. She's interviewed a number of fascinating geeks, like Greg Thomas, Kronda Adair, and Donna Prior, and the conversations are always wide ranging and interesting.

Episodes come out every Monday and have become an integral part of my commute, giving me interesting things to think about and which stay with me as the week goes on. Each episode page includes links to things discussed during the podcast, which makes it easy to follow up after I get home. I particularly like Simms' dedication to doing good and elevating voices which might not otherwise reach a wider audience! I love learning about things I might not otherwise be aware of, and Less Than Or Equal is a wonderful way to do so.

Bathing in Sparkles

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Calico, Mylene
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Sweet Lips (Group Gift)
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Body, Hands and Feet: SLink, Body, Hands and Feet
Nails: ZOZ, Piano Keys
Outfit: The White Armory, Wild Heart Dress (Group Gift)
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Obsession

Pose: Grafica

Location: There Will Come Soft Rains...
Light Settings: Phototools, Absinthe Light
Water Settings: Phototools, Breakwave Building Wave

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment