Thursday, January 7, 2016

Colour! Colour! Colour! 1: Dark Moderate Pink

The Weekly Color Challenge is back this year with a different format, through the Flickr Group Colour! Colour! Colour! Each week is given an RGB code.

This Week's Color is R:163 G:55 B:120 (aka #a33778)
Colour! Colour! Colour! R:163 G:55 B:120

It's been a year since the end of the Twisted Color Challenge (My posts), another year since the end of the second Color Challenge (My posts), and Alyx Allero of Grafica Poses has resurrected the idea aknew for all of us to enjoy. These were the challenges which made me as a blogger and a photographer. Prior to the first Color Challenge (My posts) my posts were infrequent and chatty. Subsequently, I became a lot more regular and predictable in my work and made many of the contacts which I enjoy today. I have a lot to that that challenge for, and I'm looking forward to playing with even more explicit colors - this time named not by charming and often confusing names but rather by the RGB codes which we use on computers to quantify them. I love the idea, especially since it lets us explore what the color "really" is. In the image above, the floor, walls, and my socks are all tinted the same color, but the shadows and windlight make them very different shades. Darker and lighter, the variance of hues gives us a taste of how ephemeral color really is, even in a digital world the result of the eyes of the observer.

Next Week's Color is R:112 G:55 B:163 (aka #7037a3)


Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Doe, Rochelle
Eyes: .:Soul:., Roomee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Lipstick: Beautiful Freak, Liquid Metal Lipstick
Necklace: Axiom, Antithetical Concept
Cloak: Astralia, Magic Princess Cloak
Hands & Feet: SLink, Hands & High Feet
Nails: ZOZ, Sunny Romance
Outfit: katat0nik, Doliday Dress
Knee Highs: fri.day, Cozy.Socks
Shoes: FATEstep, Janie Pumps

Pose: Grafica, stance 001 mirror

Location: My Platform
Windlight Settings: TOR, EUPHORIA Natural High

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment