Saturday, January 16, 2016

Genre: Drag Queens

Genre: Drag Queens

Drag Queens get their time in the Genre spotlight this month, and the offerings are glitzy, glimmery, and utterly fabulous.

At the top, I start with completely 80s, blue and pink shimmer cosmetics by Mad' based on different people on RuPaul's Drag Queens. I'm wearing a look inspired by William from Season Four, but Raja (Season Three), Latrice and Sharon (Season Four), and Adore and Bianca (Season Six) are also represented in all their flamboyant glory. Each design is well done, as suited for a man's Second Life face as a woman's, and appropriately thickly laid with heavy lines outside of the lips and bright or dramatic colors pretty much everywhere else.

Continuing the eighties glam riff, I added one of the boas from deviousMind. These are a mix of a rigged boa with several configurations (I'm showing off "wrap" but there is also "front" and "back") and prim flexible pieces which make up the tinted peacock feathers. It's a clever mix of the two, offering realistic and sometimes hypnotic movement with the unusual ways boas move with the body. The other thing I liked, which is less obvious in these image sbut very apparent live, is how they made a glitter effect using a bright texture pattern on the boa under the puffed, feathery bits. It's a perfect use of this effect - spare enough that the unreality of it never occurs, but pervasive enough to really add sparkle as you move!

I needed something sparkly enough to stand up to some truly impressive accessories and I chose Adoness' glitter-and-black wrap miniskirt, brief enough that lingerie are an absolute requirement! I broke out the SLink bod for this; with this much skin showing, smooth lines really add something to my overall look, especially in the thigh area, which can be a minefield with the basic Second Life mesh but is a dream with SLink's shape. The dress, sized for SLink fits perfectly and is also available in classic sizes, using fitmesh in each size, and fit specifically for Belleza, Maitreya, and SLink. There's also a cute little hat included with the rest for a polished look, but I left it off - aiming for something a bit less high fashion. The cut is attractive, I love the ruching at the waist, and the dress is fully lined. It also moves quite well, hugging around the hips and clinging tightly around the bust and waist without any breakthrough of the underlying mesh.

I always feel something this high cut requires something on the legs, and ChiMia's stockings fit the bill. A smooth tint with a thick top, they're set up for the basic body, and come with with SLink and Omega appliers in the box. Ten colors are available but I went with a simple black to complement the black of my dress and to underplay my overall style. They cover but don't quite conceal my Dark Passions nails, which are shown more clearly on my fingertips. Like many other stores, she's covering the gamut of body options - Belleza, Maitreya, Omega, and SLink are all included in the fatpack and can be purchased separately. I chose a runway curve over a glittery base for this look, but there's also animal print if you want to amp up your look.

Finally, all of my poses are from Nantra and offer some dramatic options for a glam girl on the go. As an avatar with longer-than-average arms I ran into a few issues with body clipping, but the drama of each pose is undeniable and some are unique in my long experience with poses and pose sets. I love how aggressively feminine they are, direct and sexy with exaggerated hip tilts and expansive gestures. Well worth a purchase and a pose, especially if one is closer to the typical body in Second Life.

Head over to Genre to check out these and other glamorous looks for your Second Life!

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Dawn
Eyes: .:Soul:., Roomee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Cosmetics: Mad', William (Genre)
Wings: Plastik, Arahven Wings
Body: SLink, Hands, Body & High Feet
Nails: Dark Passions, "Werk" The Spotlight (Genre)
Boa: deviousMind, "Paris La Grande" (Genre)
Outfit: Adoness, Glitter Queen (Genre)
Stockings: ChiMia, Sheer Thigh-High (Genre)
Shoes: Glamistry, Cynara

Pose: {NANTRA}, WERK (Genre)

Location: My Platform

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment