Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Year of Weekly Themes: Home!

Softpaw Sommer is doing a Weekly Theme Blogger Challenge and I thought it would be fun to pitch in with an image for each week!

This Week's Theme: Home!

The Front Porch

I have two homes in Second Life - one which I pay for yearly and maintain as a private base, and one where I am most every day and where I spend most of my time. The first was an old purchase and is why I maintain my premium membership; a Linden Home in the fae-ish woodland decorated in a sweet and simple style. Now and then I hang out there and spy on the neighbors, but I'll be honest when I say that it isn't where I often go. It is where my home is set to, however, and it's where I can retreat even if another circle of friends turns on me.

Living Room


The second is deceptively simple - a rainbow cupcake floating in the sky over a sim where I get dressed, take my platform pictures, and hang out when I'm not going someplace else. The sim below is where I roleplay, and the whole shebang is owned by a friend I made while roleplaying years ago who lets me squat in the sky. I actually have two more homes - in character homes - below within the roleplay, and you could argue that Ozryn itself was made to make me feel at home. Knowing my predilections and preferences, fae were made all but in the image of my character because the Admins hoped I'd find a home there. For the first time in a very long time I feel at home and happy with where I play - and that's the kind of home no amount of money can buy.

Bedroom

Next Week's Theme: Love!

( Weekly Theme Album Here. )

Credits: 

Bench: Off-Brand Furniture, Couple Reading Blanket
Plants and Planters: XED Design, White Wood Planter and Various Flowers
Harp: Dysfunctional Designs, Blooming Harp
Bookshelf: Sway, Shelf [heart] red
Bed: Trompe Loeil, Canopy Bed

Location: My Linden Home
Lighting: Sim Default

2 comments:

  1. You've done such a nicer job on your linden home then I have. I love the garden out front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took some doing - the prim count is especially difficult - but I've gotten better at figuring things out over time. It's a lot of fun to work on, though! And I love the little round room style of my house.

      Delete