Thursday, June 23, 2016

Suspended

A Dress the Color of Weather

I keep running out of time, and while I find that frustrating, I also feel hopeless about it. There is a degree of waiting, of sitting and staring into space, of moving from one thing to the next to the next to the next which has captured me. Ideas, things I want to say, things I want to create - they all spin around me like motes caught up in a hurricane. I want them to stop, to slow down, to be able to capture one or two of them and transform them into something profound, but I don't know how. Solstice was just two days ago and the days are beginning to sink down toward the shortest day, and in less than a week a lot of things will end and restart again.

When the Wind is South by South West


And yet, I keep running out of time. I want to see and experience and savor each thing, but there isn't enough time. Leaping from thing to thing gives a sense of completion without depth. Savoring gives a sense of wordless satisfaction marked by impatience. I want to sink into every world and yet I'm suddenly, inexplicably bored, and none of it stops time from moving forward and events from ceasing as I go by. I wish I could make it stop so I could catch up, but there's no way to manage that except in fiction.

That Sinking Feeling

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Alice Project, Willow and Braids
Eyes: .:Soul:., Oculos
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., Uni
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Body: SLink, Hands & Feet
Nails: La Boheme, Ancient Tide
Outfit: :Moon Amore:, Cleo Dress
Bells: Altair, bell anklet
Shoes: #Empire, Hibiscus

Pose: Grafica
Location: Never Far
Windlight Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment