Saturday, August 20, 2016

Genre: Burlesque - Over-Run

Under the Spotlights

The new Genre is Burlesque, and all the sexiest outfits and accessories have come out to play. My enormous fans and the poses which make such good use of them are from {NANTRA}, and they're redolent of the 1930s when it became a popular addition to erotic dance. The dance poses hint at the peek-a-boo nature of this burlesque classic, the large fans concealing and revealing in turn. {NANTRA}'s fans themselves are color change via touch and have white, black, and pink options, so they're easy to pair with just about any outfit... or lack thereof. I went with an outfit, selecting this purple and black number from Anachron. The corset with it's tuxedo tail is rigged mesh and comes with standard sizes as well as fitted to Bellezza, Maitreya, and Slink. I love the haltar top with it's bow behind the neck, detailed enough to stand on it's own while simple enough to work with accessories. The panties can be either a texture layer or applied using all of those plus the Omega system. There are five colors for sale, from soft shades for a classy joint to the brightest scarlet. It moves very well; I went the Slink route and no matter how I was animated, there wasn't any clipping and the panty layer was smooth and believable. The fascinator comes with it, a mesh hat with a veil that is editable and adaptable; fitting it was a breeze and I could make minor adjustments to the veil so it didn't clip my hair.

All the World's a Stage


I'm wearing a skin from Stargazer Creations that was specially styles for burlesque, adding flourishes on the cheeks and heavy red cosmetics on the eyes and lips. It comes as part of a full outfit, including clothing and hair, all of them with Omega appliers to a variety of layers. The skin itself is soft and well highlighted, working with my Slink body seamlessly and looking good on my legacy face. I love how over the top it is, perfect for a stage act. Appropriate for a mostly-nude dance, I kept my accessories simple; a collar and shoes from this month's Genre. At my neck is .:Avanti:.'s Corset collar, available in several colors with color changing laces to offer some variation - in this case i was playing the white and black off of each other, so a white collar with black laces was perfect. It's re-sizeable via a blue menu and comes with and without materials. The final touch were my awesome shoes from Eclectica, who makes some of my favorite shoes on the grid and my favorite historical shoes bar non. These sparkly pumps with a bow detail on the outside are fitted for Slink Mid feet and is color changeable via a blue menu. They are also editable, meaning that I could make them silver and then add the purple tint to give my outfit that burst of color at the feet to balance out the dark purple of my corset. Eclectica makes things modify-ok most of the time, which means I can always count on being able to match up even difficult to find colors. I love the textures she includes, but being able to put my own spin on them make them that much more valuable, especially in a showy style like Burlesque!

An Audience is an Audience

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Stargazer Creations, Burlesque Skin (Genre)
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Princess
Eyes: .:Soul:., Oculos
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., Uni
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Body 1: SLink, Body Hands & Feet
Fans: {NANTRA}, Teese Me (Genre)
Jewelry: .:Avanti:., Corset Collar (Genre)
Nails: Dark Passions, Andromeda's Aura
Outfit: Anachron, Burlesque Outfit (Genre)
Shoes: Eclectica, Burlesque Sparkle Shoes (Genre)

Poses: {NANTRA}
Location: The Looking Glass
Windlight Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Londonisk
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment