Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hiatus

The Eyes Have It

It's been a long six months, and a lot has changed.

It feels weird to be in world again, but welcome. I'm still getting my sea legs, adapting to the changes, but in Second Life at least very little has changed. I find that comforting even while the world I live in seems to be spinning closer to despotism. I'm afraid for the people I work to help, for their access to medical care and housing in the face of people who seem all too willing to cut off social supports while lining their own pockets. My clients live at the mercy of the US government, and I work at the mercy of the US government, and those running it now seem to not know what mercy is.

I don't want to live in a world where people are viewed as disposable simply because they aren't wealthy. I don't want to live in a world where people use "identity politics" to try to undermine people seeking legitimate civil rights. I don't want to live in a world where people cheer when a woman who's lived in the US since she was a teenager is deported away from her job and family to a country she hasn't been to in twenty years. I don't want to live in a world where people compare hate speech and the encouragement of schotastic violence with public protest and dissent. I have limited influence but I can control the world out to my fingertips and I chose support, I chose love, I chose justice, and I chose unity. We're stronger, together.


Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Tattoo: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Olivia
Ribbon: katat0nik, Chick Bow
Eyes: .:Soul:., Space Cat Eyes - Deo (Group Gift)
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., Uni
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Body 1: SLink, Hands & Feet
Nails: .:Soul:., Rainboe (Group Gift)
Outfit: Wishbox, Realm

Pose: In Situ
Location: LEA4: Spilling JueL Tones
Windlight Settings: Places, District8
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment